Tuesday, 15 August 2017
Listen to 1330amWEBY interview with Jerusalem :Post Op editor Seth Frantzman Wed. 8/16 at 5PM CDT/6P EDT
Listen to another in the periodic International Middle East Round Table Discussion series on 1330AMWEBY, Northwest Florida’s Talk Radio with Hosts Mike Bates and Jerry Gordon
The program airs Wednesday, August 16, 2017 during the 5 pm CDT/ 6 pm EDT segment. Listen Live here.
Following the broadcast an archival audio recording of the program will be available on the 1330amWEBY website. An article based on the discussion will be published in the September 2017 edition of the New English Review.
Our Guest will be Seth J. Frantzman, Opinion Editor of the Jerusalem Post.
Seth J. Frantzman
Seth J. Frantzman was born in Maine. He received his Ph.D from the Hebrew University of Jerusalem in 2010 and is a research associate at the Rubin Center for Research in International Affairs at the Interdisciplinary Center, Herziliya. Frantzman has conducted research and worked for the JDC, The Shalem Center, Aish Ha Torah, the Jerusalem Institute for Market Studies and as a Post-Doc at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. A frequent contributor to the Digest of Middle East Studies, he also lectured in American Culture at Al-Quds University. His current interests include regional security, Kurdistan, refugees, the history of the Holy Land, the Bedouin and land laws. As a features writer and commentator on current affairs and politics he attempts to provide new views on old canards, hence his column's name, Terra Incognita. He is currently The Jerusalem Post's op-ed editor. He has covered the war on Islamic State in Iraq and reported from Turkey, Jordan, Egypt, West Africa and Eastern Europe.
Among the issues to be addressed:
1. The Temple Mount Crisis, impact on relations with Jordan and the Palestinian authorities;
2. The Iran and Hezbollah threat to Israel's northern frontier with Lebanon and Syria on the Golan;
3. PA President Mahmoud Abbas power grab in Gaza and why is he imposing press controls in the Palestinian Authorities.
4. Is this a good time for the Trump Administration to restart the moribund Israel peace process
5. What is behind Netanyahu pitch to a US Congressional delegation on support for Kurdish independence aspirations in both Iraq and Syria amidst threats from Iran, Baghdad and Erdogan's Turkey;
5. Media turmoil over Several Police Investigations into allegations against Israeli PM Netanyahu;
6. Israeli Knesset and US Congressional actions on ending the Palestinian pay for slay funding exemplified by the Taylor Force Act pending a post Summer recess vote by the full US Senate; and,
7. How might Israel's rocket and missile defense umbrella aid the US in contending with the threats of North Korea and Iranian Nuclear ICBM developments.
Posted on 08/15/2017 5:42 AM by Jerry Gordon
No comments yet.